Wednesday

Applying for a British Visa

Whew!

After weeks of waiting for the arrival of the supporting documents from my parents in the UK, and completely filing out the Visa Application Form 1 (VAF1) and the Family Visitor Form, I finally came to the step which is the most awaited during a person's scheduled trip to a foreign country, applying for a visa.

I called up a friend who has been to the UK recently, and has asked her about the process she underwent. She said something about a BIOMETRICS fingerprint scan. Although I have heard of such, and have myself been subjected to such a procedure (if I remember it clearly, it was in in 2004, by the Commission on Elections, for the New Voter's ID), the UK is actually only one of the few countries that conduct a biometric scan for visa applicants. 

I have found a video from UKVisas, showing how the Biometrics scan is conducted for a UK Visa:

No comments:

Custom Search