Wednesday

Living in London

It has been 2 weeks since I last posted on my blog. It is because I am currently in "merry ol' London", looking for a job to move my bum ass out into the city.

It is quite an experience actually. For those who know me, most of my life was spent in Cavite, in the safety and convenience of living with my parents and relatives. The first time I ventured out alone was in first year college when I studied in Manila. But I still live in Cavite. I go home everyday, with food waiting for me, ready cooked and sometimes already served. I don't have to do the laudry, I don't have to worry about the bills, and most importantly, my house is ours. When my parents left for the UK, although technically alone, my Lola was there to support me in every possible way. When I fired my house helper back then, I started cleaning the house, and doing the dishes, but still, I am living within my comfort zone.

But now is a little bit different. I am living in a foreign country. I am currently living "free" with my mom's second cousin Ate Elaine, here in the London Borough of Hounslow. Ang lapit ko sa London Heathrow, I can here the airplanes land every now and then. For the meantime lang to, bcause the house is actually owned by an Espanol, married to my mom's second cousin Ate Marilyn. Since it is there business to rent rooms (madami silang bahay napaupahan, I think ten houses with about 5-6 rooms each), there shall come a time that I have to find a place that I can pay, because the room I am currently staying is £75 per week, eh wala pang nakatira, so doon na muna ako pinatulog.

I have no scheduled work yet, but I am already employed in a catering business, as waiter, porter, chef and general assistant. It is actually an agency, but I can do nothing. I have to find work. I am going to be paid the minimum rate, so around £5.75 per hour. I have no scheduled hours, so I cannot compute how much I am going to earn.

I have always wanted to live life like a bachelor, and have my own place. Back home, I wanted to move in Manila to be near the school. I never expected that my first experience would be living alone and far from my family in the megacity of London. Wow! It is a very beautiful place. But I reserve describing life in London and its sites in another post. I don't know when I can do that. I have an open ticket back home, but I have no personal PC here, nakikigamit lang ako.

All hopes for the best. Whatever happens, its God's will!

No comments:

Custom Search