Sunday

On Winning and Serving

As I start my very first entry in this blog, I come to realize that I am already about to finish a year in law school. Never did I realize that I am a three (3) years away from my objective of graduating as a law student, hurdling the bar examinations with flying colors, and achieving the status I have always dreamed of becoming - a lawyer. But before everything else, I must first overcome this inclination of mine as of the moment - to sleep and not finish this blog.

Yesterday, Brod Ice filed, on my behalf, my Certificate of Candidacy to run in the upcoming FEU Law Student Council Elections for the political party. I don't know if it is a good idea, having lost my fight just last June to my future Sis Candice to represent my batch. It's not that I am having second thoughts of running again, but rising from my very first defeat in "any election contest" is an achievement from a proud individual such as I, coming from a political family.

Ever since I have been elected as student council president, with one of the highest margins, during my high school days at San Sebastian College-Recoletos de Cavite, campus politics have always been at the forefront of my agenda. Up till now, I still savor the sweet pride of having founded a grandslam political party, together with my classmates, during our college days in the Colegio de San Juan de Letran-Manila. This is the reason that losing can never be the option. Not because I have been used to winning, but not having to represent your deepest aspirations to serve your fellow students is like following your dreams, only to wake up, that it still is a dream.

Fernando Poe, Jr. once said "Huwag nating alisan ng pag-asa ang mahihirap, dahil baka iyon na lamang ang naiiwan pa sa kanya." Ever since I heard the would-be President said that, I have always wanted to serve others, not because of the power, nor of the reputation. All things come second to the greatest aspiration to find the silent whisper a person speaks when he is alone, to seek the deepest yearnings of an individual, the prayer he says only to God. Serving others never is a privilege, it is an obligation given by human conscience to change the world.

That is why, this afternoon, Partido ACLAS, my political party for this contest agreed in principle, we'll rock and take the FEU Law School by storm.


No comments:

Custom Search