Friday

Today, I Stood!

Today, I stood for the Truth. My voice was counted again from the millions of Filipinos demanding the accountability of our leaders – to make sure that public money goes to where it should go, and not to the pockets of corrupt politicians. I stood to be heard that the youth are not apathetic, that we are not mere bystanders but active agents of change in our country’s history. I stood for reform. I stood for our future.

I was in Ayala Avenue rally today. Being the 29th of February, this rally is very significant for me, not only because of leap year, but because of several factors. What’s new with that, some would say. First, I was on top of stage. That’s new. I spoke in front of almost 100,000 people compressed in a venue as large as the corner of Ayala Avenue and Paseo de Roxas. Second, it is the largest rally ever registered against the regime of Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo. Third, I am now really in the list of the NBI, the National Security Council, the ISAFP, and perhaps in the military’s OB. But I am not afraid! If you are with the truth, why should you be afraid? It is the government that should tremble as the people are growing weary of the conjugal plunder of the Arroyos. Even government employees are silently angry of the First Family.

There will come a time when the bottle is full. I hope that when that time comes, the phony President and her men are ready,b ecause no amount of suppression can resist the strong force of the wave of the Filipinos clamoring for change. And if that comes, trust me, I shall be in front of it!


For more of the story, read newspapers, and related blogs.

GLORIA RESIGN!

No comments:

Custom Search