Sunday

The Finals Week

Here it goes.

My finals week is just around the bend. Having gone through OBLICON (a 5-unit major subject in law) just last week, I feel I am going to be crushed in the huge pile of readings that I still have to browse upon. I think I am to be a regular visitor of McDonalds, and its refillable coffee. And for a fact, it was the first time that I studied that way. I have to ace my OBLICON, because anything less than a perfect score is a failing mark for me.

My exam in Criminal Law is tomorrow. From Crimes against National Security and the Law of Nations up to Quasi-Offenses, I have to memorize more than 150 articles of Book II of the Revised Penal Code, not to mention re-browsing Book I for the rules on penalties to be imposed, and the circumstances that affect criminal liability. I have been through 2 books of the Revised Penal Code, and still I feel that I am unprepared in Criminal Law. I find the saying quite true, “the more you know, the lesser you think you know.” Well, just as Uncle Freddie always says, “it takes a criminal to catch one.” I’ll have to think like a criminal in order to understand and answer the questions extensively.

This Thursday, I’ll have my Final Exam in Constitutional Law. Although I’ll rely mostly on stock knowledge, I still have to reread celebrated cases in the subject of constitutional law. It is not enough for me to simply pass the subject, knowing that I have already made a benchmark on Atty. Yan. I have to strike it with flying colors.

On Friday, I will take my test on Land Titles and Deeds under the eminent land registration scholar, Justice Oswaldo Agcaoili. I am very fortunate to have him as my professor. LTD is a civil law subject, not to mention that it is a very relevant field of law in real practice. If I am to be very marketable in practice, I have to memorize LTD by heart. And I owe it all to Justice Agcaoili.

On Saturday, Dr. Tony Reboza shall give us the Legal Medicine Finals. I fear not of a failing mark in his subject. What I fear is that I may not be able to get a high mark because of my absences. Pang-QPI ang LegMed e, saying naman if I don’t ace it.

Next week, I shall take Legal Ethics and Labor Standards. I hope for a good grade on those two subjects. Well, kilala na naman ako ni Atty. Zeny Mendiola. Idol ko yun, she was the class valedictorian during her time in FEU. She was doing that while she was working, and consequently a mother. The dedication, patience and perseverance of that person is a virtue worth emulating. As for Atty. Iris, I have to work harder on Labor Law. I know the subject, but I am not giving her the 100% dedication that I can. I am very disappointed with my standing in her class. I think I have failed her. I have to work harder in this examination.

Generally speaking, getting high marks in law school exams in both that of utmost dedication and sheer luck. We are not expected to know all the law, but the least we are asked is to have a working knowledge of its tenets. In the end, it is always the most persevering that survives, that which have dedicated ones self to studying the law, not only for personal gains but also for societal change. We are not law students for nothing. We, the select few, are the disciples of justice. We vowed to uphold the law to its fullest implementation, lest its letters be fettered by unscrupulous individuals who seek to hide their crooked ways.

Good luck sa exams. May God bless us all! We need it!

No comments:

Custom Search