Saturday

My Final Rite – Becoming a Full-pledged Tau Kappan!


The residents brod during the 60th Alumni Homecoming and Induction Ceremonies


The Chronology of Events


June 4, 2007 – I entered Far Eastern Law School.
June 7, 2007 – I went to my first class – Philippine Political Law.
June 8, 2007 – I was called by AMI Johnsen “The Ice” Salazar for an invitation to join The fraternity.
June 9, 2007 – Orator Marco Morris Lim and Vice Stanley Santos made a class orientation.
June 14, 2007 – Freshman Orientation Day.
June 15, 2007 – Batch Wayne Encarnacion, Batch Omar Dispo and I had a short drinking session at Pica Pica.
June 16, 2007 – My batchmates and I attended the formal orientation.
June 17, 2007 – We were neophytes! Batch Lex Septem Bene was born.
June 18, 2007 – We were welcomed.
August 29, 2007 – Our first taste of fire – the Frat War!
September, 2007 – Bar Operations 2007 – It is our utmost altruistic service for our barrister brods.
September 22, 2007 – Testimonial Dinner for Bro. Elpidio Barzaga and Bro. Ruel Canobas.
December 15, 2007 – We had our Christmas Party for 2007.
January, 2008 – Sports fest 2008.
March 15, 2008 – Our Formal Induction Rites – 60th Anniversary of TAU KAPPA PHI!
March 15–onwards – We are now full-pledged TAU KAPPANS!

To quote the Creed, I say again:

I do not choose to be an ordinary man
It is my right to be above ordinary, if I can
I seek opportunity, not security.

I do not wish to be kept citizen
Humbled and dulled by having
The state look after me.

I want to take the calculated risk
To dream and to build,
To fail and to succeed.

I refuse to barter incentives
For a dole out.

I prefer the challenges of life
To a guaranteed existence.
The thrill of excitement
To the state of calm serenity.

I will not trade freedom
From beneficence,
Nor my dignity... for a handout.

I will never cower
Before any master
Nor bend to any threat.

It is my heritage to be
Steadfast, proud and unafraid;
To think and act for myself,
Enjoy the benefits of my creation
And to face the world boldly
And say... This is I have done.
This is what it means to be a
TAU KAPPAN.




To end, may I quote Hunter S. Thompson who was once heard of saying : "Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish — a product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blow — to sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whisky, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested... Res ipsa loquitur. Let the good times roll." Gonzo Papers, Vol. 2: Generation of Swine: Tales of Shame and Degradation in the '80s (1988)

No comments:

Custom Search